Tuesday, September 29, 2009

New job!

So my last post talked about me trying to find a job, and I am fortunate enough that barely a week later I can post and say I now have one! It wasn't my first choice, however, after some careful consideration and prayer, I decided that I needed to go ahead and take this job. It is a Family Dentist office and there are 2, soon to be 3, Dentists that work there, 5 hygienists that rotate days, and 4 assistants. I started Monday and it was let's just say, stressful. It is a bigger office than I am used to and there is a lot, a lot, going on..but I will get the hang of things eventually. I do always like to be busy, so can't complain there. And I'm always up for a challenge. Okay, well not always, but I am this time. Ha :)

Steven has been busy with school, he has had a lot of tests lately and has been studying hard. Just a little glimpse of the fun to come when he gets into the Nursing program. People say it is one of the hardest things he will do and that it will be hard on me as well. But we are confident we will get through it and make the best of it!

Me and Steven decided to switch up date night this past weekend and go rollerskating!! I had been wanting to do it for the past few weeks, so we decided to go get it out of my system. We went out to eat with Dad first at one of his favorite restaurants, Metropolitan Grill. It was very good! I can see why it's one of his favs. I asked dad if he wanted to go rollerskating with us and re-enact the night he met mom, but seeing as how the only thing he liked about that evening was, well, meeting mom, he opted out. Ha Steven and I didn't stay for the full 2 hour session, but we had fun messing around. We both agree we were much better when we were younger. The two 7 or 8 year olds that kept whizzing past us, forwards and backwards, kindly reminded us of that fact. Show offs. HaHa Anyways, we ended date night with smoothie king and called it good! I'm so grateful we have so much fun together!


ps. Special note to Grandma Miyake-I made round steak and gravy tonight for dinner. It reminded Dad of when he used to have it at home! I'm sure it wasn't as good as yours, but I tried! :) Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment