Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Steven’s Birthday :)

Thanks everyone for wishing Steven a Happy Birthday! It meant a lot to him, we love you guys! We celebrated Steven’s Birthday with mom and dad at Steven’s parent’s house with his two sisters and their families. We had a good time! I attempted to have some fun with Steven’s birthday cake this year... :) Steven loves cars so I made a little mini car to put on top of his cake out of rice crispy treats. It was far from perfect, but at least it looked like a car! haha And he appreciated the effort. The cake has sprinkles on it because Steven requested funfetti cake with funfetti frosting. FAKE fufetti cake and FAKE frosting might I add!! I cook and bake, and enjoy doing both, and my husband wants a boxed cake and fake frosting on his birthday, go figure! As long as the Birthday boy is happy. Ha!

Crazy face!

Lexi decided to help daddy open his presents!
And of course she had to make sure they tasted good!


I started it off by molding rice crispy treats into a mini bread loaf pan

Then attempted to make it at least the general shape of a car!

The finished product

You can’t really tell, but this is a picture of Steven and I at six flags. I surprised him with tickets for his birthday... we had a great time! The weather was perfect and we barely had to wait in line for the rides! It was really hard leaving our little munchkin for a day, but both grandma’s took care of her for us while were gone. They had a good time at home and it was good for Steven and I to have some time together.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Steven! Sounds like a fun day. And the car looks awesome! Seriously, I could never pull that off! :) And super jealous about the one on one time with hubby and grandma's watching baby. You are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- I agree with Katie- I could not pull off that car either! That is very impressive! Way to go! ...this is so silly - but I feel like I'm having a 3 way conversation with you guys right now! (Katelynn & Katie!) haha! I miss you guys! And love you! So glad Steven had a great b-day!!

    ReplyDelete